Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Events of Note

I write this surrounded by light : imperfect, fractured.


Events of note in the last week:

1. Speeding by at the breakneck pace of about 40kms/hr, I glimpse a security guard playing with a dog: the movement of his hand seems careless, but affectionate, and the dog's tail is a blur. They are both smiling.

2. I lost a scrap of paper I've been carrying with me for 14 years.

3. I moved house.

4. I expected to feel loss.

5. Lies.

6. I expected to feel precisely this: that I didn't. Don't.

7. You ruined me, I think. You ruined this for me. 

8. Perhaps I miss the house, after all.

9. That would make more sense that this: wearing fuzzy socks and a sweatshirt and then turning up the fan to max speed.

10. I dislodged a lizard or two from their comfortable home. This will have consequences.






No comments: